Sea To Summit ultralight Spark™ Series of sleeping bags are designed to keep you as warm as possible while minimising packed weight and size. Great high performance sleeping bags designed for active campers on the move carrying their own gear.
The SPIII is perfect for colder months with a comfort rating of -2° and lower limit of -8°
Weighs just 665g (reg) or 745g (long) and packs down small.
The expedition-sized Spark SPIII combines ULTRA-DRY Down™ 850+ loft premium goose down, light-gauge #3 YKK® zip, high-performance 10D nylon shell and 7D lining fabrics and a contoured mummy shape for efficient insulation and superior performance.
Other features include a full box baffle construction to allow for extra down and reduce cold spots, a full-length zip and a draft tube, full hood and neck collar to keep heat in. A cold-weather adventure bag.
- Fits to: 183cm (Regular), 198cm (Long)
- Shoulder Width: 77cm (Regular), 81cm (Long)
- Foot Width: 47cm (Regular), 50cm (Long)
- Rolled Size: ⌀15 x 35cm
- Compression: 4.6 litres (Regular), 5.4 litres (Long), 6 to 2 litres sack volume
- Fill: ULTRA-DRY Down™ 850+ Loft premium Goose Down (min. 90% down)
- Fill Weight: 430g (Regular), 485g (Long)
- Average Weight: 665g (Regular), 745g (Long)
- Outer Material: 10D nylon Inner Material: 7D nylon
- Temperature Rating: minus 2°C comfort EN13537 rating woman / minus 8°C Lower comfort EN13537 rating for men
- ULTRA-DRY Down™: With the introduction of water-repellent ULTRA-DRY Down™ Seat to Summit have virtually eliminated the negative effects moisture has on down. The ULTRA-DRY Down™ water-repellent treatment protects the down from external moisture and condensation from inside the bag. It is a permanent (no loss of treatment effect has been seen in over 14 wash cycles) Nano-level water repellent polymer treatment applied to Sea to Summit high loft, high quality down. The Nano-thin treatment vastly improves the down's reaction to water without effecting its weight or loft performance. ULTRA-DRY Down™ retains over 60% more loft and absorbs 30% less moisture when compared with untreated down. Sea to Summit sleeping bags dry out 60% faster than bags with untreated down. The Nano-level treatment also inhibits bacterial and microbial growth, which makes Sea to Summit sleeping bags more hygienic and improves their lifespan.
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS): The RDS is helping to shift the entire down and feather industry towards more humane animal rearing and handling practices. Overseen by the industry leading Textile Exchange, the RDS requires independent, third party assessments of all aspects of animal rearing and handling throughout the entire supply chain. By only using down that meets the audited requirements of the RDS we can have confidence that each phase of the collection process has been completed with the welfare and ethical treatment of waterfowl in mind. To find out more about how the RDS is improving animal welfare during down collection, please visit responsibledown.org (link will open a new window).